-->

"If this isn't nice, I don't know what is"

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" - Kurt Vonnegut


I have been rather obsessed with Humans of New York (HONY) lately. I love reading real stories about real people. Their personal quarks, their cute love stories, their words of wisdom, their passions, joys and sorrows. This woman's story stood out to me.


"I worked at the same cafe for 28 years, but it just went out of business, so I had to find new work. Before it was like I had a family. I saw the same people every day. But now I just have a job. One day you lose something, and you say: ‘Oh my God. I was happy. And I didn’t even know it.’"

This weekend, I took a stroll along the waterfront. It was a clear, crisp, perfect fall evening. I sat in Harbourside park and watched the boats sail out through the narrows, into the ocean. In that moment, I realized that I was totally and completely 100% content.


Kurt Vonnegut once said "I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" 

So. What better time is there than Thanksgiving to say.. that in this moment I am happy. In this moment I am thankful.